I am Diane, and I believe in a world where when leaders focus on self-care, leadership, and community, they become the authentic version of themselves. As a leader in the male-dominated fire service for over 20 years, I know that practicing self-care and having a supportive community enables leaders to find their authentic style, have a work-life balance, and increase productivity.
We all have a fire inside of us that is meant to shine, but life happens, and our fire can get buried under all the things; kids, work, competition, partners, parents, and other responsibilities that we put ourselves last.
Trust me; I have been in the crawl space below rock bottom.
My professional and personal life were a mess. I was in survival mode jumping from one life raft to another. I was scared, tired, frustrated, and holding it together with pieces of tape covered in dog hair. I thought something had to change; I didn’t realize that I had to change.
Putting the pieces of my life together has been a journey. I promised myself and my son that I would work to create a life where we could thrive.
What did I do? Self-Care (Reimagined)
- I found a good therapist and started to heal my traumas.
- I fell into the loving arms of my community.
- I learned how to build capacity in my life.
- I started to do things that brought me joy.
- I began practicing yoga and meditating daily.
- I uncovered my fire and used it to light up my world.
- I stopped settling for crumbs.
What Lessons Did I learn?
- Self-care allowed me to reconnect with my authentic self.
- Self-care has made me a better human, mom, partner, and leader.
- Self-care is a personal journey to self-love and freedom.
Awesome Diane but what is a self-care strategy?
In the fire service, a strategy is a plan to mitigate the emergency. A self-care strategy is a similar approach. Using my wisdom, education, and experience, I help leaders create a self-care strategy that creates capacity, confidence, and clarity. If you are looking for a place to start with self-care, you can start with this free audio.
Do you want to continue this relationship but are unsure of the next step?
- Sign up to receive my emails, where I share tips, tools, and stories to make you laugh and motivate you for the week. ** I send these semi-regularly, so you don’t have to worry about inbox overload!
- Listen to the Fire Inside Her Podcast on your favorite podcast platform, with new episodes every Wednesday.
- You can always email me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org