I am Diane Schroeder and I believe in a world where leaders focus on self-care and become the authentic version of themselves. As a leader in the male-dominated fire service for over 20 years I know that practicing self-care and having a supportive community enables leaders to find their authentic style, have a work-life balance, and increase productivity.
We all have a fire inside of us that is meant to shine, but life happens, and our fire can get buried under all the things; kids, work, competition, partners, parents, and other responsibilities that we put ourselves last.
Trust me, I have been in the crawl space below rock bottom.
My professional and personal life were a mess. I was in survival mode jumping from one life raft to another. I was scared, tired, frustrated, and holding it all together with pieces of tape that were covered in dog hair. I thought something had to change, what I didn’t realize is that I had to change.
Putting the pieces of my life together has been a journey. I promised myself and my little man that I would do the work to create a life in which we can thrive.
What did I do? Self-Care
- I found a good therapist and moved the emotional boulders that were weighing me down
- I fell into the loving arms of my community
- I learned how to build capacity in my life
- I started to do things that bring me joy
- I began practicing yoga
- I found my fire and used it to light up my world
- I stopped settling for crumbs
What Lessons Did I learn?
- Self-care allowed me to reconnect with my authentic self.
- Self-care has made me a better human, mom, partner, and leader.
- Self-care is a personal journey to self-love and freedom.
Awesome Diane, but what is a self-care strategy?
In the fire service, a strategy is the plan to mitigate the emergency. A self-care strategy is a similar approach. Using my wisdom, education, and experience I help leaders create a self-care strategy that creates capacity, confidence, and clarity.
Do you want to continue this relationship, but are not sure of the next step?
- Sign up to receive my emails where I share tips, tools, and stories to make you laugh and motivate you for the week. ** I send these semi-regularly, so you don’t have to worry about inbox overload!
- You can always email me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org